Friday, June 29, 2007

Books to Movies Holes

Holes by Louis Sachar is a wonderful turning of a book to a movie. Sachar introduces you to wonderful characters in this humorous story of crime and punishment and redemption. Like most books that are made in to movies I did not see the movie until I had read the book. Typically the movie disappoints me but this movie did not. My youngest son was reading the book also and kept wanting to see the movie before he finished the book. I strongly encouraged him to finish the book to develop his own pictures of the characters which he reluctantly did. As we were watching the movie and we see the warden for the first time he cried out "that's exactly what I thought she would look like!". I was thrilled. I felt the casting director did an excellent job casting the roles. I was very impressed with the young Stanley Yelnats. I loved the book and the movie the same which for me is saying quite a lot! This is another book to movie I would recommend to young and old alike.

No comments: